Hotkeys provide access to certain functions while working in the schematic editor. Some hotkeys are global and others are available only while a specific tool is enabled. Users can select tools either through the Tools menu in the upper-left corner of the Schematic Editor or by clicking the toolbar buttons.
The following hotkeys are available for use anytime:
- g: enables the ground tool.
- w: enables the wire tool.
- Esc: disables the current tool and returns to the previous tool in the stack.
- Ctrl+ s: commits changes to the project.
- Ctrl+ z: undoes the last action.
- Ctrl+ y: redoes the last undone action on Windows.
- Ctrl+ Shift+ z:redoes the last undone action on Linux.
- Ctrl+ x: cuts away one or more selected items.
- Ctrl+ c: copies one or more selected items.
- Ctrl+ v: pastes the cut or copied items.
- Ctrl+ a: selects all items.
- Mouse wheel: zooms in and out of the schematic view.
- Right-click+ move: pans the schematic view along the current plane.
- Right-click: accesses the available menu options.
Users can enable the wire tool by clicking the button at the top of the editor. The following hotkeys are available when the wire tool is active:
- Esc: cancels current wire drawing session.
- Spacebar: changes starting orientation of wire.
Users can enable the multi-tool by clicking the button at the top of the editor. The following hotkeys are available when the multi-tool is active:
- Single selection+ r: rotates the selected item 90 degrees.
- Single selection+ v: flips the selected item vertically.
- Single selection+ h: flips the selected item horizontally.
- Single selection+ l: changes the selected item's label position.
- Selection+ Delete: removes one or more selected components.
- Left-click: selects the component under cursor.
- Left-click+ Ctrl: adds an item to the current selection.
- Left-click+ drag with no selection: selects an area.
- Left-click+ drag with selection: moves selected components with connection-routing algorithm.
- Alt: cancels the current connection routing during a move event, allowing users to move schematic elements without maintaining connections.
- Left-click on schematic background grid: clears the current selection.
- Esc: cancels the current move operation.
- Double-click on a component: opens the schematic component editor.
Users can add components by clicking the desired component button on the left side of the editor or through the right click menu in the schematic workspace. The following hotkeys are available while placing a component in the editor:
- r: rotates the component.
- v: mirrors the component over the x-axis.
- h: mirrors the component over the y-axis.
- l: changes the component's label position.