The sequence tab is available for any SAR, solid, or surface sensor that displays field results in the geometry window. The controls within this tab allow users to setup the sequence and play through the animated results. The image above shows the controls for a time-domain sensor with frames at specific, discrete points in time.
The Minimum and Maximum values entered here determine the beginning and ending frames of the sequence. The Showing value displays the frame currently being viewed, and the up/down arrows or scroll bar can change that selection to any frame within the sequence.
Move through the sequence using the following buttons:
- The and buttons play the sequence forward and backward, respectively.
- The button pauses a playing sequence.
- The and buttons fast-forward and rewind the sequence, respectively.
- The and buttons jump to the end or beginning of the sequence, respectively.
The button opens a dialog for creating a movie of the currently defined sequence. Once movie creation is underway, it can be canceled by pressing . Additional information can be found below.
Export a Movie
In order to create a movie, XF first stores a screenshot of each frame (based on the Minimum, Maximum, and Step size) in a temporary file. It then combines the frames into the final animation based on the user defined framerate and duration. This process is more sophisticated than taking a standard screenshot and it enables users to create movies through a remote desktop, when the XF program is minimized, or when XF is covered by another application.Clicking the button in the Sequence tab opens the export window with options to specify the name and location of the movie.
This window also includes the following settings:
- Framerate (f/s): determines how long each frame is shown before moving on the to the next one.
- Estimated Duration (s): based on the framerate and number of frames in the sequence.
- Show movie when complete: when checked, the complete movie automatically opens and plays.
- Delete temporary storage when complete: this option is checked by default, which deletes the temporary files containing screenshots of each frame. Uncheck this option if the frames are needed for another purpose.
- Always show creation output when complete: notifies the user when the movie is complete. By default, a dialog is shown at the end of the movie creation process only if there is an error.