Optenni Lab Integration
Transfer data from XF directly to Optenni Lab through the Results browser. Optenni Lab is a software package that synthesizes and optimizes matching network topologies and component values based on S-parameter and efficiency results from an XF simulation.
This integration provides the following abilities:
- Analyze single and multi-port devices.
- Select inductors, capacitors, and tunable components.
- Optimize over multiple bands.
- Choose matching network layouts based on targets for S-parameters or efficiency.
*.s2p and MDIF File Support for CEOXF's Circuit Element Optimizer (CEO) has been extended to support standard *.s2p files and the MDIF format of *.s2p files. This extension enables single component and passive tunable integrated circuit definitions to be obtained from a component manufacturer and used in circuit optimization.
More Control over Refreshing Results
By default, XF periodically checks all simulation output files and updates Graphs when those files are changed. An increasing number of simulations causes the user interface (UI) to pause when checking those files. Added capability gives users with a large number of simulations more control over which files are checked.
If the UI pauses for long periods of time while updating results, go to Edit ❯ Application Preferences ❯ General ❯ Results and uncheck Check for Updated Results to update results manually.
Through the Results browser, results can be updated using the Refresh button at the top of the window:
- Refresh (Full): forces a refresh of all results for all Simulations and all Projects currently listed.
- Refresh (Conservative): only refreshes results from Simulations where timestepping has recently occurred. Previously completed Simulations will not be refreshed.
- Refresh (Full) | Simulation for this result: refreshes all results for the simulation that contains the selected result.
- Refresh (Full) | Project for this result: refreshes all results in the project that contains the selected result.
Additional CapabilitiesThis version introduced over 20 usability, performance, scripting, and other updates.
Here is a select list of modifications:
- Ability to specify the CEO's efficiency goals in dB as well as a percentage.
- Projects with large STL geometry save faster and consume less RAM than before.
- The Check for Updated Results option in Application Preferences must be checked in order for the Results browser to update after creating a simulation. This update speeds up geometry creation, but requires a manual refresh when users want to see the results of newly created simulations.
- Improved Simple search performance in the Results browser. After entering text into the Search bar, users must press Enter in order to apply the search criteria. Selecting specific result types and fields before activating the search increases efficiency.
- Improved the static solver performance for large problems with a wide variance in material properties.
- Clarified labeling for the Neutral Plane parameters in the Bend editor.
- Exporting DXF as 2D polyline includes flat designs so they can be imported into other tools, such as 2.5D modelers.
- [Scripting API] Added Project.deleteSimulationFromDisk().
- [Scripting API] New classes FrequencyBand, FrequencyBandList, and FrequencyBandInfo support new functionality to create Response Matrix simulations in Project and NewSimulationData.
- The Graphs Marker Properties dialog no longer extends off the screen for long plot titles.