August 25, 2020: The content below helps navigate the features in this release. A full list of updates is available in the Reference Manual's Appendix.
XF's latest meshing feature resolves highly varying fields at the edges of both good conductor and PEC geometry. When singularity correction is enabled, XF adjusts the electric and magnetic field values adjacent to the metallic edges for enhanced accuracy. This meshing option should be enabled for critical, metallic design components in which strong and rapidly varying electric and magnetic fields are expected, such as antennas, transmission lines, and resonators.
This release introduces multiple PCB import updates. XF's first major update adds lumped component import, which includes resistors, capacitors, and inductors that are defined in the PCB file and available for selection and import. Upon import, circuit components are created for each selected component and added to the project in their specified location.
The second major update imports data not considered part of the board stack-up, such as soldermask layers, paste layers, engineering drawings, and text. Upon import, this data is added to the project as unmeshed parts.
XF's circuit element optimizer (CEO) supports multiport devices, such as ICs, chips, and microchips. These switches and tuners have become more common as antennas operate in multiple bands. This CEO update allows an .SnP file to connect to multiple circuit components within the FDTD space.
This release allows users to apply a different material definition to any geometry associated with the selected material definition. This material replacement capability is accessible through a material definition's right-click menu. This feature improves the workflow for importing CAD and PCB geometries where the default materials must be replaced after import.
There are several usability, performance, scripting, and other updates in this version.
Here is a select list of modifications:
- Improved performance in CDV power density averaging.
- Improved performance in projects with many parts.
- Added script import support for non-ANSI characters. (JS - this should work for you)
- Fixed netlist specification using a Pi matching circuit.
- Fixed wrapped PCB import with no layer thickness.
- Resolved crashing caused by wrap's reference coordinate system not being set in the scripting workflow.
- Resolved issue with picking faces and edges through the scripting interface.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a waveform. (WN - thanks for reporting this)
- [Scripting API] Fixed ResultUtils.getPortVCWithMatchingCircuits in one corner case.
- [Scripting API] Fixed MathUtilities.getSegmentSegmentIntersectionPoint.