December 20, 2022: The content below helps navigate the new features in this release. A full list of updates is available in the Reference Manual's Appendix.
XF 7.10.2 upgrades FLEXlm licensing libraries to version v11.16.2-TRL from v11.14.1-TRL. Customers using a floating license must update their floating license server. Customers using a green 9-key USB dongle must upgrade their USB driver.
The following video introduces several user-interface features:
- Minor usability updates
- [01:01] Parameter list filtering
- [02:00] Graph tick spacing & reset plot themes
- Minor schematic editor updates
- [03:55] Coplanar waveguide component
- [05:28] Hotkey updates
- Schematic editor analysis workbench with tuning sliders
- [07:14] Fixed-band match use case
- [11:54] Circuit element optimization (CEO) use case
- [15:16] Tunable match use case
- [19:26] Huygens surface sensor
Please log in to view this content.
Remcom customers and those interested in our products may access this content after logging in.
Schematic Editor Updates
This release adds several new capabilities to the schematic editor. Most notably, the analysis workbench provides sliders for tuning schematic components. This helps engineers acheive a matching network that meets design requirements, as well as understand their network's sensitivity to individual components. Overview videos demonstrate the capabilities for antennas with fixed-band and tunable matches.
- A coplanar waveguide component type included in the tool pallette supports both grounded and ungrounded transmission lines.
- Updated hotkeys increase ease of use for increased efficiency.
- Added impedance as an available result.
Huygen's Surface Sensor
A Huygen's surface sensor in the project tree records steady-state electric and magnetic fields near the boundary of the FDTD simulation space. These fields are available for export to Wireless InSite, a ray-tracing simulator, where they represent an antenna's radiation characteristics. The sensor allows users to specify a reference point at which rays either originate or terminate, and a geometric locator for placing the surface within the ray-tracing environment.
XFdtd 7.10.2 is compliant with and passes all tests outlined in the international standards determined by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- IEC/IEEE 62704-1 specific absorption rate (SAR).
- IEC/IEEE 63195-2 incident power density.
There are over 19 usability, performance, scripting, and other updates in this version.
Here is a select list of modifications:
- Added throughput unit.
- Added search filter to parameters window.
- Added reset line theme button to graphs that returns visible data traces to default themes.
- Added user settable XY graph tick spacing.
- Added CAD import/export options to user interface (UI).
- Added bend modeling ability to attach positions to other parts.
- Changed CEO goals to invalid if zero samples are specified.
- Improved frequency band table to remember previous size.
- Resolved crashing when closing a project that ran a script containing ResultUtils.exportResultDataSet
- Resolved issue with XFdtd instances that are slow or blocked by another instance due to clipboard.
- Improved parameter window with consistent ordering behavior for new projects and importing/exporting sets of values.
- Improved multi-line object notes in object library.
- Corrected helix geometry to update when handeness changes.
- Fixed a bug in the flat view of surface current sensor results that did not display conductor surfaces with zero thickness and a width of less than two grid cells in the mesh.
- Added missing documentation of scripted NewCircuitSuperpositionSimulationData functions.
- Resolved issue with the Wireless InSite MIMO export logic when not all ports were used in S-parameter matrix.
- Fixed occassional crashing caused by clicking the undo button while a near-field sensor editor is open.
- Resolved crashing in CEO UI when setting efficiency goal's response matrix.