June 8, 2021: The content below helps navigate the features in this release. A full list of updates is available in the Reference Manual's Appendix.
Transient EM/Circuit Co-Simulation
XF's co-simulation capability supports nonlinear components, such as TVS diodes. The netlist component definition allows users to import a text file and define SPICE models containing diodes. Using transient co-simulation, the circuit solver and FDTD solver simultaneously simulate the SPICE model and full-wave 3-D simulation space, respectively.
Additionally, an XF macro is provided that facilitates the import of a netlist library as separate netlist component definitions.
Optenni Lab Integration
This release builds on existing XF-Optenni Lab integration by adding support for parameter sweeps. After performing a parametric analysis in XF, users can export simulation data for each value of a parameter sweep to Optenni Lab for analysis.
This integration also supports post-processing on both Windows and Linux.
Select Mesh Cutplane
Functionality added to the mesh view controls allows users to specify 2-D mesh cutplane locations with the mouse by clicking in the geometry window. A toggle button added to each x, y, and z slice locates the 2-D cutplane in its respective direction, assisting in mesh visualization prior to simulation.
There are over 30 usability, performance, scripting, and other updates in this version.
Here is a select list of modifications:
- Updated power density averaging to meet FDIS draft.
- Included pattern frequency in exported UAN files.
- Improved performance of ODB++ import.
- Excluded cropped PCB components from import.
- Clarified Undo button command descriptions.
- Added retries and diagnostic errors for some written simulation files with occuring errors.
- Added minidump creation and handling on Windows platform for easier communication of crashes to Remcom Technical Support.
- Added Save and Restore buttons to response matrix efficiency band lists.
- Added hyphen to allowable characters for netlist subcircuit names.
- Improved touchstone file export handling of steady-state data to show only supported functionality.
- Clarified error message for conflicting magnetic materials in XACT mesh.
- Improved license denial messages.
- Added a description to the Setup S-Parameters tab about turning off S-parameter computation during simulation creation.
- Added ability to show and hide all dielectrics and conductors through the Materials node.
- Improved PCB import rendering performance.
- Resolved crashing in sketcher when adding equal distance constraint.
- Fixed equal distance constraints to restore properly after loading project.
- Resolved crashing when entering special characters via Alt code.
- Fixed import of ODB++ solder paste layers.
- Fixed disconnected import components.
- Fixed geometry import of surfaces and pads from ODB++ databases.
- Resolved crashing when assigning materials to PCB parts.
- Fixed gaussian beam excitation.
- Fixed Create Line Graph editor to appear on same monitor as user interface.
- Fixed CATIA v5 export.
- Fixed independent parts to not affect materials of other parts.
- Resolved crashing when right-clicking on Definitions node.
- Improved order of copy and paste of multiple items.
- Fixed use of SweepOptions DraftOption literals.
- Fixed parameters to reset to default value between sweeps.
- Improved grouping of far zone plots during graph creation.
- Fixed dissipated power in superposition simulations.
- Resolved issue with standalone radiation efficiency failing to load.
- [Scripting API] Added CEO results to scripting API.
- [Scripting API] Corrected typo in getStart() function documentation.
- [Scripting API] Added widget alignment options.